International Society of Life Information Science (ISLIS)
Journal of International Society of
Life Information Science (ISLIS)
Vol.23, No.1, March 2005
ABSTRACTS & KEYWORDS
[Original Research Papaer]
Integrated Body Control Method with Image, Breath, Intention, Consciousness,
Cognition, Qi and Healing to Make Oneself Healthy
- Koichiro HAYASHI
- Gifu Prefectural Institute of Health and Environmental Sciences (Gifu, Japan)
- As an active and effective self-health method, I propose the Integrated
Body Control Method (IBC Method) which is composed of Image, Breath control,
Intention, Consciousness, Cognition, Qi and Healing. The method focuses
on self positive image, intention and consciousness to get better blood
flow, nutrition, immunity function and Qi to the whole body and especially
to diseased parts. The method changes the body positively while recognizing
actual body change. It repeats the instant change between tensioned-active
caution concentration and relaxed passive caution concentration. It adjusts
the balance between sympathetic nerves and parasympathetic nerves and immediately
and drastically changes blood pressure, heart rate, blood flow, body temperature
and perspiration. It can improve body functions-spontaneous recovery, immunity,
metabolism and regeneration of organs, cells, skins and nerves, for example.
The IBC Method is suited to curing diseases and healing injuries (autonomic
ataxia, stiff shoulders, pain, nerve damage and so on) to ensure its users
are healthy in mind and body.
- Integrated Body Control Method, IBC Method, image, breath, intention, consciousness, cognition, Qi, healing, blood flow, autonomic nerve
A monologue about my reassessment of the rebirth of
Kim Bonghan's Theory in Korea
- The Bonghan Theory which deals with the meridian system (Keiraku) was put forth by a research group led Professor Kim Bonghan in the 1960's. This theory stated that the third circulation system was clearly distinguished from the blood and lymphatic systems. The Keiraku system consisted of Bonghan corpuscles connected by Bonghan ducts, and Bonghan liquid containing a rich amount of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) circulated in this system. Moreover, the process of cell regeneration by mytosis was included in the "Bonghan Sanal-cell cycle". This theory was not only an objective elucidation of the Keiraku system, but it also called for a re-evaluation of basic propositions in biological and medical fields.
Bonghan's work was partially reproduced by me in 1967. However, "unfortunately the pioneering research on anatomical existence of meridian system has been neglected for a long time" - Prof. Kwang-Sup Soh said in his article.
Very recently, Bonghan theory was re-investigated in Korea. The existence of intra- and extra-vascular Bonghang ducts, and an intra-external Bonghan duct was recognized in animals such as rabbits, rats and swine by Korea researchers. However, they could not demonstrate the anatomical reality known as the "superficial Bonghan corpuscle" in the skin that corresponds to the classical acupuncture meridians (Keiketu).
I think it is very difficult to find the superficial Bonghan corpuscle without special care. No other groups except me have been able to find this anatomical reality. Therefore, a more sophisticated method is necessary which all researchers can use. Since the Bonghan-Keiraku story begins from the reality corresponding to the classical acupuncture meridians, researchers must seriously pursue development of this sophisticated procedure. I believe in the "Miracles of Keiraku".
This letter is a message from an old man to all researchers trying to reconfirm Bonghan theory.
Keywords: Kim Bonghan's Theory, Keiraku System, Keiketu, Superficial Bonghan corpuscle
- Kim Bonghan's Theory, Keiraku System, Keiketu, Superficial Bonghan corpuscle
[Proceedings of Nineteenth Symposium of Life Infromation Science]
Development of gait training system using the vertual environment simulator based on bio-information
- Kazuhide UESUGI1, Takahiro HATTORI1, Daisuke IWATA1,
Kimiyasu KIYOTA1, Yoshinori ADACHI2 and Syoji SUZUKI3
1.Kumamoto National College of Technology (Kumamoto Japan)
2.College of Business Administration and Information Science, Chubu University
3.Suzuka National College of Technology (Mie Japan) i
- For hospitalized patients who cannot freely walk outdoors,
we have proposed a new gait training system using a virtual environment simulator in which the scene
reflected in the HMD (head mounted display) changes with walking. We have studied the association of electrical
bio-information with various stresses, and a positive correlation between healing music and stress resolution has
been obtained by pulse wave measurements. We developed equipment which measures pulse wave and heart rate and
installed it in the virtual environment simulator. Then the conditions of the user were obtained while undergoing
gait training, and the bio-information was feed back to control the gait training system.
- gait training system, virtual environment simulator, correlation, feedback
Thermal distribution quantity in the human dorsum
- Seiya UCHIDA, Yasutami TSUDA, Hisanobu SUGANO and Kazuo NITTASeiya UCHIDA,
Yasutami TSUDA, Hisanobu SUGANO and Kazuo NITTA
- MOA Health Science Foundation (Shizuoka, Japan)
- This study investigates
the thermal distribution quantity in the human dorsum to assess relaxation effects. The thermal distribution in the dorsum
was measured with an infrared thermal imaging camera. We developed software to transform the measured thermal images into a
standard image shape. The transformed thermal images were divided into 21 regions. The average, maximum and standard
deviations of temperature in each of the 21 regions were calculated statistically. We also studied changes of the thermal
distribution in relation to room temperature, circadian rhythm, fat value and artifacts. For other experiments requiring
measurements, the subjects removed their clothing and measurements were made at a room temperature of more than 26 .
The thermal distribution was stable from 2 PM to 5 PM. The average temperature in the 21 regions was also related to the
fat value (r = -0.75). Changes of thermal distribution in the dorsum were measured when 7 male subjects (average age, 39.7
years) were given MPT (MOA purifying therapy). The thermal distribution was also measured when the subjects lay on a bed
in a prone position (control experiment). The average temperature of the MPT experiment increased more then the control
experiment. Therefore, the thermal distribution analysis of the dorsum is a useful method to assess relaxation effects.
- Thermal temperature of dorsum, external Qi,
MOA purifying therapy, infrared thermal imaging camera, HF component, LF/HF component
Interdisciplinary and Scientific Approach to Chinese Medicine
-Study on Objectification of Blood Stagnation (Oketsu), a Classical Concept in Chinese
- Kazu MORI1, Toshihiro TOGO1, Xiaoming WANG1, Ming GAO1, Shigeru URATA1 and Ying LIU2
- 1. Suzuka University of Medical Science (Mie, Japan)
2. Institute of Preventive Medicine (Tokyo Japan)
- In Chinese medicine, "treatment of predisposition to disease"
has been considered as the sole and supreme treatment. "Treatment
of predisposition to disease" means a treatment to prevent disease,
in other words, preservation and recovery of health (primary prevention).
"Predisposition to disease" from the viewpoint of Western medicine
is an unorganized disease condition (pre-clinical stage) which mainly consists
of obscure functional symptoms (the so-called general malaise). Chinese
medicine regards such a condition as blood stagnation (Oketsu). Thus, the
authors attempted objectification of blood stagnation through an interdisciplinary
and scientific approach and succeeded in translating blood stagnation into
a scientific concept at the interface between Chinese and Western medicine..
- Chinese medicine, integrative medicine, preventive treatment, Wei bing, blood stagnation, Oketsu, scientific approach, multivariate analysis
- Let Us Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of
Founding the International Society of Life Information Science (ISLIS) by
Increasing Our Membership
- Mikio Yamamoto, Ph.D.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors & Editor-in-Chief, International Society of Life Information Science (ISLIS ) Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, International Research Institute (IRI ) Senior Researcher, National Institute of Radiological Sciences (NIRS), Chiba, Japan
- The International Society of Life Information Science (ISLIS ) is to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Founding
in autumn 2005. ISLIS seeks to realize the paradigm shift from material-oriented science and technology to a new
paradigm including the consciousness, spirit and mind through research based on empirical and positive scientific
methodology, and consequently, to promote the development of health, social welfare, and education as well as social
and personal peace of mind, and to contribute to the making of a peaceful world, at one with nature. Since the foundation
of ISLIS in 1995, 19 symposia have been held and 19 issues of the Journal of ISLIS have been published periodically.
ISLIS held the "Human Potential Science International Forum" in Chiba, Japan in 2002 and the "International Conference
on Mind Body Science" in Seoul, Korea in 2004. It published the book "Human Potential Science" in 2004. There are ISLIS
Information Centers in 8 countries and there are about 220 ISLIS members in 10 countries. ISLIS has started the 10th
Anniversary Campaign to increase its membership; this is critical for the Society to have an important role in Human
Potential Science in the 21st century. The budget status of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is reported.
- International Society of Life Information Science (ISLIS ), Journal of International
Society of Life Information Science, publication of a book, human potential science, mind body,
parapsychology, qigong, complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), integrative medicine
What Ever is"Kim Bonghan's Theory"
- Satoru FUJIWARA, Ph.D. (Medical), D.D.S.
- The Bonghan Theory which deals with the meridian system
(Keiraku) was put forth by a research group led Professor Kim Bonghan in the 1960's.
This theory stated that the third circulation system was clearly distinguished from the blood
and lymphatic systems. The Keiraku system consisted of Bonghan corpuscles connected by Bonghan
ducts, and Bonghan liquid containing a rich amount of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) circulated in
this system. Moreover, the process of cell regeneration by mytosis was included in the "Bonghan
Sanal-cell cycle". This theory was not only an objective elucidation of the Keiraku system, but
it also called for a re-evaluation of basic propositions in biological and medical fields.
Bonghan's work was partially reproduced by me in 1967. However, "unfortunately the pioneering
research on anatomical existence of meridian system has been neglected for a long time" - Prof.
Kwang-Sup Soh said in his article.
Very recently, Bonghan theory was re-investigated in Korea.
The existence of intra- and extra-vascular Bonghang ducts, and an intra-external Bonghan duct was
recognized in animals such as rabbits, rats and swine by Korea researchers. However, they could not
demonstrate the anatomical reality known as the "superficial Bonghan corpuscle" in the skin that
corresponds to the classical acupuncture meridians (Keiketu).
I think it is very difficult to find the superficial Bonghan corpuscle without special care.
No other groups except me have been able to find this anatomical reality. Therefore, a more
sophisticated method is necessary which all researchers can use. Since the Bonghan-Keiraku story
begins from the reality corresponding to the classical acupuncture meridians, researchers must
seriously pursue development of this sophisticated procedure. I be- lieve in the "Miracles of Keiraku".
This letter is a message from an old man to all researchers trying to reconfirm Bonghan theory.
- Kim Bonghan's Theory, Keiraku System, Keiketu, Superficial Bonghan corpuscle
Reviews on recent Korean works on Bonghan systems
- Kwang-Sup Soh
- Biomedical Physics Lab., School of Physics, Seoul National University,
Seoul, 151-747, Korea .
- There were sporadic efforts for confirming Bonghan theory from 1992 for
about 10years without success, long after Bonghan Kim and Fujiwara. From
July 2002, an intensive investigation into the intravascular threadlike
structures called Bonghan ducts began in the Biomedical Physics Laboratory
of Seoul National University. It led to a method to identify the threadlike
structures as Bonghan ducts using acridine orange fluorescence staining.
The size, shape, and distribution of nuclei clearly exhibited the features
of Bonghan ducts. The Bonghan ducts and corpuscles on the organ-surfaces
of rabbits and rats were observed by three independent teams, and their
morphological characteristics were studied. Histological aspects obtained
by H&E and Feulgen reactions were in agreement with Kim and Fujiwara's
results. The granules (known as San Al), obtained from the organ-surface
Bonghan corpuscles, were shown to contain DNA. The nature of San Al motion
was also analyzed to reveal non-thermal features
- Bonghan duct, Bonghan corpuscle, San Al, DNA
- Motion analysis of Bonghan granules
- Hyeran You, Vyacheslava Ogay, Ku Youn Baik, Chunho Choi, Joon-Mo Yang, Sang-Hyun Park,
and Kwang-Sup Soh+
- Biomedical Physics Lab., School of Physics, Seoul National University Seoul, 151-747, Korea
- Bonghan ducts and corpuscles were taken from the surfaces of
rabbit's internal-organs. Bonghan granules were extracted from them using a high-speed centrifuge.
The Bonghan granules showed jittering motion which were observed in a differential interference
contrast mode of an inverted microscope, and with a phase contrast microscope. The motion was recorded
by a CCD camera, analyzed with National Instrument software, Vision Assistant and Lab View. We obtained
the distribution of displacement and the mean square of velocity distribution of the Bonghan granule motion
as a function of time-scale, and the fractal dimension at the temperature 38. The cause, energy,
and mechanism of the Bonghan granule motion need further study.
- Bonghan corpuscle, Bonghan duct, Bonghan granule, Brownian motion
- Histological features of Bonghan Corpuscles on the Surface of Rabbit Internal
- Byung-Cheon Lee1, Jung Sun Yoo1, Eun Sung Park2, Yeo Sung Yoon2, Hak-Soo Shin1, and Kwang-Sup Soh1
- 1.Biomedical Physics Lab., School of Physics, Seoul National University Seoul, 151-747, Korea
- 2.Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine,
Seoul National University
- We observed a network of threadlike structures and corpuscles spread on
the internal organs of a rabbit. We did the histological studies with hematoxyline
and eosin staining, and the Feulgen reaction to identify them as Bonghan
duct and corpuscles. These structures consist of many sinuses and various
kinds of cells. Especially there are many immature cells in the corpuscle
and many myofibroblast-like rod shape nuclei in the duct. These histological
features demonstrate that these structures are novel structures entirely
different from the blood vessel, nerve, and lymphatic vessel so far known
in anatomy and physiology. task in the schedule. This paper examines effectiveness
of these two methods in enhancing business performance.
- Bonghan corpuscle, Bonghan duct, Hematoxyline and eosin, Feulgen reaction, Acupuncture
What Is "Acupuncture Points" Considered From The Trigger Point Theory ?
- Kyoichi KUROIWA
- Kansai College of Oriental Medicine (Osaka, Japan)
- In Eastern Europe in the twentieth century, points which brought about the dramatic effect for the block injection was discovered. The point was variously examined by clinician and researcher. Travell of U.S.A. called it Trigger point (the following, TP), and systematized in the latter half of twentieth century. In the present century, TP is deeply related to the concept of acupoint, and seemed to come to offer the clue in which TP clarified the entity of acupoint. In present time, I want to examine the entity of acupoint from the aspect of TP phenomenon.
- responsible trigger point, Ashi point, cognitive sense, pain occurred area
- The substance of "Meridians and Collaterals" is set
in the central nervous system or memories in the brain
- Yoshihiro UEDA
Dept. of Physiology, Kansai College of Oriental Medicine ( Osaka , Japan )
- In Oriental medicine, the words auto-therapy power", "meridian points" and "hibiki" are always used. And some questions are always asked: "How can the body be healed? How can the body's health status be maintained that the healing power aims for? How will each acupoint associate with the health status? For the past five years, I have insisted on the importance of "The neural network theory of meridians and acupoints". When an abnormality in a living body is detected from comparison with normal data, vital signs which are a reaction telling about the aberration appear as a meridian phenomenon (effective spot for acupoint, ryodo point, flare, induration and etc ).
- Oriental medicine, meridian points, healing power, neural network theory
Effects of Flower Arrangement and Flower Appreciation - Exhibition Study during Pacific Flora 2004 -
- Yasutami TSUDA1, Seiya UCHIDA1, Kiyoshi YAMAOKA1, Kazuo NITTA1, Yasushi CHIYOJIMA2 and Syunsaku KUZUHARA2
- 1. MOA Health Science Foundation, Life Science Institute (Shizuoka, Japan)
- 2. 12MOA Art and Culture Foundation Shizuoka Branch (Shizuoka, Japan)
- Changes in the mind and body by arranging a flower and flower appreciation
are measured from photoplethsimograms and replies to a questionnaire by
visitors to Pacific Flora 2004. Estimated aging index of blood vessels
(BVAge), wave heights and pulse rates are calculated from fingertip photoplethysmograms
and their second derivative. BVAge values are significantly decreased by
flower arrangement and flower appreciation. Principal component analysis
is applied for 10 questions. The high healing impression (high value of
the first principal component points) group shows a remarkable change from
appreciation of a self arranged flower compared to a low healing impression
- Flower Arrangement, Healing, Art Therapy, Photoplethysmogram, BVAge 1.
- Blood Image Change by a Noble Metal Condenser
- Yoshizou NAKAMURA
Kyousei Tech (Takamatsu, JAPAN)
- The author has developed a wave generation device which consists of gold, platinum, and silver plates arranged in a condenser, which is believed to be emitting unique qi. When this device was applied to the human body, effects similar to qi effects were obtained. The author adopted experimental methods focusing on changes in blood flow utilizing a phase-contrast microscope and xenon CT instead of the previous methods utilizing O rings, electroencephalograph and thermography. Previous research studies and experiments concerning characteristics of qi, qi transmission, changes in blood flow in the brain, and the effects of removing harmful things from the human body were reviewed for the present paper.
- noble metal condenser, blood image, qi, qigong, emissionCqi transmissionCphase-
contrast icroscope, xenon CTAtranscribe wave, unconscions
- Changes in Rectal Temperatures and Forced Swimming Behaviors of Mice Irradiated by 30Hz Interference Magnetic Fields
|An Attempt to Resolve the Qigong Mechanism
- Takashi AOKI1, Katsushi YOSHIDA2, Yasuo YOSHIHUKU1 and Yoshinori ADACHI3
- 1.College of Engineering, Chubu University (Aichi, Japan)
- 2.Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Chubu University (Aichi, Japan)
- 3 College of Business Administration
and Information Science, Chubu University (Aichi, Japan
- Two electromagnetic waves having the same wavelength propagate, meet as they travel, and then are nullified in an instant by interference; next wave fronts are produced from this nullified point and the electromagnetic waves continue to propagate forward. Exactly what is the electromagnetically nullified point? It is well known that the most of the magnetic fields produced by nerve excitement currents in a living body are nullified by interference. We previously pointed out the significance of investigating biomedical influences of interference nullified fields (in other words, interference opposed-fields) in research on the qigong mechanism, and we reported the experimental fact that 65kHz interference opposed-fields produced by a coil had significant biomedical influences. However, biomedical influences by interference opposed-fields of scores of Hz (i.e. average frequency levels for nerve excitement currents) have not been investigated yet. In the present experiment, we examined influences for 30Hz magnetic opposed-fields produced by a non-induction coil on rectal temperatures and swimming activities of mice. We found that the fields had significant biomedical effects, and this suggested that the fields actually existed in the physical world, although they were nullified mathematically. We thought there would be a possibility that the interference opposed-fields produced by currents flowing in a living body such as a qigong healer would have biomedical influences on other bodies, without actually physically touching or invading them.
- electromagnetic irradiation, biological effects, interference fields, animal swimming test, rectal temperature, physical stamina, qigong mechanism
- A Study on Mechanism of Consciousness Based on Holographic Cosmology
- Takeo OKU
- Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University (Osaka, Japan)
- The purpose of the present work was to investigate a mechanism of consciousness and life energy from the viewpoint of quantum theory and holographic cosmology. Consciousness / life energy (ECL) for human beings is considered to be photon-like waves expressed by a wave function, and the mechanism of consciousness / life energy is proposed as freezing and materialization of light in macroscopic quantum condensates. Light in a conscious field is frozen in dark energy and dark matter, and atomic self-organization in materialized life-body is due to formation of negative entropy. It is believed that the ECL would include characteristics of quantum coherence such as Bose-Einstein condensation, Fermi condensation, quantum entanglement and tunneling photons. Since all information of the four-dimensional spacetime of the universe is recorded on a three-dimensional boundary from the holographic principle and superstring theory, all the coded information or extra seven dimensions is believed to correspond to ECL, and an information-transformation model of 'consciousness ¨ life energy ¨ matter' could be proposed. From the viewpoint of matter information, the universe information would be a condition with frozen time.
- consciousness, life energy, quantum theory, cosmology, holographic principle, Bose-Einstein condensation, Fermi condensation, dark energy, dark matter, frozen photon
[Special Lecture 1]
- Traditional Oriental Philosophy and Modern Science |From the Viewpoint of Cosmology|
- Masahide AOYAMA
- Vice President, The Institute of Traditional Oriental Medicine in Japan
- Traditional Oriental Philosophy, based on the knowledge acquired by so-called saints and seers (persons endowed with profound moral and spiritual insight) has been considered to be incompatible with modern Western Science, which is based on logic and proof. In this lecture, I will show that the world views of the two sciences can relate to each other, i.e., that they are two different ways of getting to the top of the same mountain: realization of the Truth.
- Ayurveda, Samkhua Philosophy, Inflation Theory, Cosmic Intelligence, Advaita Philosophy
[Special Lecture 2]
Mandala -- Its Contrast with the Left and Right Brain Hemispheres
- Yoshihiro UEDA
- Dept. of Physiology, Kansai College of Oriental Medicine ( Osaka , Japan )
- Although modern science has made brilliant and fruitful progress, have we human beings, who live in this modern society, made the same remarkable progress? It is probable that human sensitivity as observed from the viewpoint of nature has degenerated. In the 21st century, medical science for human beings is expected to make even bigger advances, and more human sensitivity (right tuition) will be required in the medical field. Therefore, when we have a view of the constitution of the mandala which is described with the sensitivity of ancient human beings and conveyed to us today by utilizing the function of brain physiology, many similarities can be seen. The mandala mentioned above means the "Ryogai Mandala" including the "Taizo Mandala" and "Kongokai Mandala"; they are said to be the most ancient systematic drawings. In esoteric Buddhism, it is thought that the world or the whole universe means the figure of Buddha, or nature, or life itself. Life constantly appears, grows and perishes in this world, and this concept is reflected in the mandala. The concepts of current time, chaos and fractals are also included in the mandala. The right and the left brain hemispheres have a respective correspondence to each mandala physiologically. The existence of a human being is a part of natural life activities in this world. A Buddhist disciplinant notices the existence of "Engi" (things occur according to certain reasons) by looking at the mandala meditatively. People are surprised at the wonder of constitutional concepts in the mandala described with the sensitivity of ancient humans and conveyed to the present.
- Key words:
- Taizo Mandala, Kongokai Mandala, brain physiology, chaos, fractal, right and left brain hemispheres
Changes of blood catecholamine levels using photic feedback-
frontal alpha wave pulsed photic synchronization
- Tsutomu KAMEI1,2, Nobuaki INOSHIRO3, Yoshitaka TORIUMI4, Satoshi OHNO2, 5 and Seiichi JIMBO6
- 1.Shimane Institute of Health Science (Izumo, Japan)
- 2.Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science (Kanazawa, Japan)
- 3.Yao Municipal Hospital (Yao, Japan)
- 4.Shimane University Faculty of Medicine (Izumo, Japan)
- 5.Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine 6Mitsubishi Kagaku Bio-Clinical
Laboratories, INC. (Tokyo, Japan)
- Photic feedback (PFB) is a method for promoting mental relaxation. In PFB, the frequency and amplitude of alpha waves, which are extracted from the frontal region of the head, are converted into a frequency and brightness of emitted light in real time. We have devised the PFB- Frontal Alpha Wave Pulsed Photic Synchronization (PFB-FAPPS) method, which avoids physical stress to the eyes from PFB-emitting light. We used a 660nm wavelength emission light as a light source, and we exposed the front of the head to the light. Ten healthy subjects each received 15 minutes of PFB-PPFAS 2-4 times a day, and their serum catecholamine levels were measured just prior to the first and the 21st sessions. Activation of the alpha wave rhythm and a significant decrease in serum epinephrine levels and norepinephrine levels were detected. Repetitive use of PFB-FAPPS could possibly be useful for the reduction of stress.
- photic feedback, frontal alpha wave pulsed photic synchronization, catecholamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, relaxation
Preliminary studies of ESP developed
by somatosensory training
- Sang-Hyun AHN, Min-Kyu SUNG, Sung-Woon KIM, Seung-Chan AN,
Chang Su RYU, Ul-Soon LEE and Seung-Heun LEE
- Korea Institute of Brain Science (Seoul, South Korea)
- Researchers of the Korea Institute of Brain Science (KIBS) have developed
Brain Respiration (BR) which is a brain-development program using Qi. In
the BR training course, we found paranormal phenomenon in which children
could obtain visual information under conditions of non-visual sensing.
We named the phenomenon HSP (Heightened Sensory Perception); it can be
developed through a training program based on somatosensory perception.
In view of that, HSP is considered to be different from extrasensory perception.
In the paper, first, we summarize demonstrations of HSP since 1998. Second,
we introduce EEG and fMRI results of HSP, where blindfolded subjects were
presented with randomly displayed stimuli (colors and shapes) on a monitor.
The control state was achieved in the same experimental conditions but
with eyes-open and no blindfold. We found through fMRI and EEG analyses
that during HSP specific areas were activated and alpha and gamma waves
changed spatiotemporally. Finally, we discuss the problems raised in the
experiments and their analyses..
- Brain Respiration, Heightened Sensory Perception, Extrasensory Perception, EEG, fMRI
EEGs and Other Physiological Changes with Progression of Reading Speed
- Kimiko KAWANO1 and Toyofumi SASAKI2
- 1Centre for Informatics and Sciences, Nippon Medical School (Tokyo, Japan)
- 2 Japan Society of Speed Reading Education (Tokyo, Japan)
- Physiological changes with progression of reading speed were investigated
with measurements of EEG, respiration, pulse and SpO2. Participants in
this experiment were two healthy young males, who were both right-handed.
Tasks with eyes closed were resting state, listening to classical music
and doing mental calculation. Tasks using a textbook for rapid reading
were pursuing circles in lines, pursuing characters in sentences and reading
rapidly with understanding of the contents. Measurement sessions were held
three times in three weeks during special training classes for the subjects.
Amplitudes of alpha waves on the occipital area during the eyes closed
period tended to become large in the course of training. Lag times of alpha
phase between the frontal and the occipital areas became gradually shorter
which meant concentration level became gradually higher. Amplitudes of
beta waves were discussed by subtracting results of two states, (rapid
reading)-(pursuing circles). The subtraction values on the left temporal
area (T5), around Wernicke's linguistic area, gradually decreased while
those on the right occipital area (O2) clearly increased. It was considered
that reading with linguistic recognition was changing to the recognition
with visual images.
- alpha-wave, beta-wave, left and right hemispheres, linguistic area, rapid
Application of Psi Inductive Training for Brazilian Children
- Hideyuki KOKUBO1, Fabio Eduardo da SILVA2, Sibele PILATO2, Reginaldo HIRAOKA2 and Mikio YAMAMOTO1
- 1. International Research Institute (Chiba, Japan)
- 2. Faculdades Integradas Espirita (Curitiba, Brazil)
- The authors applied the Chinese technique of psi inductive training to 11 Brazilian children.
This technique was developed in China in the 1980s. This training prepares subjects for a free-response test with targets which
are letters or figures written on a paper which is balled up. Chinese researchers in Yunnan, Shanghai and Beijing have claimed
that they trained successful subjects using the method. In the present study, the authors tried to train Brazilian children using
the method of Yunnan University researchers. The authors monitored the Field RNGs during training. Final training results were
not available because the training was done only twice and the number of subjects was small. However, it was considered that
this method could be applied to subjects who do not know Kanji (written Chinese language).
- guess, training, Brazil, child, recognition, clairvoyance, psi
International Society of Life Information Science (ISLIS)
All right reserved.
- GO TO JOURNAL OF ISLIS
GO TO ISLIS
Last Modified: March 8, 2005